Washington Dress- Cashmerette Patterns
Manufacturer number: 1301
"Mixing the comfort of a knit bodice with the fabric possibilities of a woven skirt, the Washington Dress gives you the freedom to play with colors and textures, for a look that’s uniquely yours. Like all Cashmerette Patterns, the bodice comes in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, and G/H), which makes fitting a cinch! Style wise, the Washington Dress gives you endless design options. The knit bodice features a figure-enhancing scoop neckline and three sleeve variations: short, three-quarter, or full length. The A-line skirt cleverly combines woven fabric with a heavy knit yoke, eliminating the need for closures and allowing you to comfortably slip the dress over your head. For additional tummy control, the front yoke can be made from a woven fabric."
Sewing Level: Advanced beginner
Sizing: 12 to 28, in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, G/H). The bodice of this dress is designed to be close fitting, so if you want a more skimming fit, we recommend going up a size in the bodice.
- Bodice: Light to mid weight knit fabric such as jersey or ITY with at least 50% crosswise stretch.
- Yoke: Heavy knit fabric such as ponte or scuba. For more support, make from a mid to heavyweight woven.
- Skirt: Mid to heavyweight woven fabric, such as cotton, linen, canvas or upholstery fabric.
- Ballpoint or stretch needle
- Universal needle
- 1.5 yards of clear ¼” elastic