Pattern Quadra Jeans
“The Quadra Jeans sewing pattern provides a subtly modern take on the classic straight leg jean. This pair of jeans features a slight taper to the leg and extra room in the thigh to allow for lots of movement. They sit below the waist as a moderate low rise. Sew these jeans in denim with no stretch or up to 2% elastane to add just that little bit of additional flexibility that so perfectly suits an active lifestyle. This jeans pattern features all of the traditional details required when sewing denim - add lots of strengthening topstitching, learn to sew flat felled inseams, construct a zipper fly, and apply rivets to high stress areas. As an added bonus, the waistband is drafted in two pieces with a center back seam hidden under the belt loop. This construction style allows for very easy fit modifications, even once the jeans are fully constructed. This is a perfect solution for the home sewist who might like to sew these as a surprise gift or for the wearer with a fluctuating waistline.”
Sizes: US 26”- 50” waistline
- Denim fabric or bottom-weight fabrics such as twill or corduroy. Fabrics with no stretch or up to 2% elastane are suitable. A higher elastane content will change the fit and it may be necessary to size down. Ensure that your sewing machine can handle the denim weight you choose by sewing through five layers of the fabric.
- Pocket lining: Pocketing, broadcloth or other strong cotton or cotton blends. This is a great opportunity to use novelty printed cottons as it will only be visible from the inside of the jean.
- Interfacing: Medium weight fusible interfacing
- ½” to 1” in diameter metal shank jeans button
- 6 pocket rivets
- Regular polyester thread
- Topstitching thread
- A metal tooth zipper
- Optional: 3” x 2 ½” scrap of leather or washable paper